The Spero Legacy Circle
We are here to help you discover exciting ways to extend your support to Spero Family Services beyond your lifetime through planned giving. Legacy Circle members have made a commitment to help us achieve our mission to provide hope, help, and healing—an enduring promise for generations to come. Spero Family Services provides a safe, caring environment for children, youth, and families to rebuild lives devastated by abuse, neglect, addiction, and abandonment.
Our broad array of programs offers mental health counseling, foster care, education, work skills, parenting support, and advocacy. Each year, we help over a thousand people heal and grow to become healthy and whole again.
The Legacy Circle accomplishes two goals…
- It ensures that future generations will continue to have access to the help they need.
- Legacy gifts serve as an inspiring and motivating testament of faith in Christ’s mission at Spero.
Legacy Circle Options
Wills, Bequests, and Estate Gifts
BENEFITS OF A BEQUEST
- Receive an estate tax charitable deduction
- Reduce the burden of taxes on your family
- Leave a lasting legacy to charity
HOW A BEQUEST WORKS
A bequest is one of the easiest gifts to make. With the help of an attorney, you can include language in your will or trust specifying a gift to be made to family, friends or Spero Family Services as part of your estate plan, or you can make a bequest using a beneficiary designation form.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE WAYS TO LEAVE A BEQUEST
- Include a bequest to Spero Family Services in your will or revocable trust
- Designate Spero Family Services as a full, partial, or contingent beneficiary of your retirement account (IRA, 401(k), 403(b), or pension)
- Name Spero Family Services as a beneficiary of your life insurance policy
A BEQUEST MAY BE MADE IN SEVERAL WAYS
- Percentage bequest– make a gift of a percentage of your estate
- Specific bequest– make a gift of a specific dollar amount or a specific asset
- Residual bequest– make a gift from the balance or residue of your estate
BENEFITS OF AN IRA CHARITABLE ROLLOVER
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to our organization
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
- Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Help further the work and mission of our organization
HOW AN IRA CHARITABLE ROLLOVER GIFT WORKS
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to us.
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to our organization to help continue our important work.
- Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
Gifts of Property
BENEFITS OF gifting real estate
By donating real estate you potentially eliminate the capital gains tax you would incur if you sold the real estate and donated the proceeds.
You may be able to claim a fair market value charitable deduction for the tax year in which the gift is made.
If you are interested in Donating real estate to Spero Family Services please contact
We celebrate our Legacy Circle members. Legacy donors receive regular updates on the growth of the agency and the stories of lives changed.