Spero Church Ambassador Program
Spero Family Services is delighted to announce the appointment of Rev. Christine Cunningham as the new Church Relations Coordinator. With a remarkable 17 years of experience in pastoral ministry within the Illinois Great Rivers Conference, Rev. Cunningham brings a wealth of knowledge and a passion for building meaningful relationships between Spero and the United Methodist Church. Throughout her career, Rev. Cunningham has served various churches, including Good Shepherd United Methodist Church in Granite City, First United Methodist Church in Marissa, Harrisburg First United Methodist Church, and Centenary United Methodist Church in Effingham. Additionally, she has been involved in diverse roles within the church community, such as a hospice volunteer, parish visitor, church secretary, and an on-call chaplain at Alton Memorial Hospital.
The Spero Ambassador program is an initiative by Spero Family Services to engage individuals in becoming ambassadors for their church and advocates for Spero’s mission. As an ambassador, you would have the opportunity to collaborate with Spero Family Services to spread awareness about their programs and services within your church community.
Spero Ambassador 5 C’s
- Communicate our story by being the “Chief Cheerleader” of Spero Family Services in your congregation and community. Spread the message of our clients’ successes.
- Commit to making Spero Family Services a great out-pouring of Christ’s love on His children through your prayers, presence, gifts, service, and witness.
- Contribute generously to Spero Family Services with your time, treasures, and talents.
- Collect needed and “wish list” items, providing everyone in your congregation an opportunity to share in the joy of building hope through Spero.
- Coordinate opportunities and volunteers from your church to participate in specific Spero activities and events. Host an event in your church to benefit Spero Family Services.
What Can Spero Do For You?
- Fill the pulpit
- Provide a mission moment during a worship service
- Make a presentation to a Sunday school class, fellowship dinner, UWF, or UMM group
- Provide a display for a mission fair or other function
- Provide newsletters, brochures, and other materials for you to share
- Provide campus tours
- Offer Emotional First Aid or Trauma Informed Ministry Training
- Be a resource for your pastor and congregation
How You Can Help Spero
- Give of your Time, Treasures, and Talents
- Volunteer Days
- Bring Youth Groups to Campus
- Fifth Sunday Offering
- Provide Items from Our Amazon Wish List
- Volunteer at Special Events
- Host an Event for Our Residents
- Host Fundraisers
- Inform Others of Giving Opportunities
- Promote Our Needs in Your Church
- Subscribe to our E-Newsletter
- Honor and Memorial Gifts
- Estate and Planned Giving
- Educate others about…
- Our Mission and Ministry
- Spero Services
- Client Stories
- The Communities We Serve